May 17 favorites: Things about being a reader
Today we’re doing a listicle, because listicles are so fun. And gifs are even better. Combining the two? The Very Best, even though it makes a silly word (gificle? gifsticle? giflist? Whatever it’s fantastic and I’m going with it).
1. I have a whole house FILLED WITH BOOKS. FILLED.
2. A ready-made pastime suitable for any occasion. I never have to wonder what to do with my free time.
3. Reading is relaxing. SO relaxing.
4. I learn many fun new words which I pronounce incorrectly because I’ve only read them, never heard them.
5. I get to burst out laughing at completely inappropriate times in public places and it’s cool. I just point to my book.
6. Healthy exercise is provided by shelving, re-shelving, moving shelves, getting books down from high shelves, and twisting reality to find excuses to buy more books.
7. I get to go to the movie adaptations and stress out over the MANY WAYS they completely missed the point.
8. I get to give people this look when they try to talk to me.
9. Perfect excuse to not see people for things they want to people at. No thank you, human-types. I’m reading.
10. I get to live thousands of lives in cool, exotic locations with exciting magic and mayhem, and experience cultures, people, and ideas I didn’t even know existed.